Tuesday, November 6, 2012

RUN FOR RHONDA





Thanks to improvements in prevention, early detection, and treatment, more than a million people in the US count themselves as survivors of colon or rectum cancer (also called colorectal cancer).

This is my Beautiful Sister Rhonda and she is a Cancer Survivor!!!

This post will be picture heavy because it sits so HEAVY ON MY HEART!!!

Rhonda was diagnosed with Cancer this year and she is still under going through treatment. She has been very strong through this entire process and I pray she continue to fight!!

I can not imagine what my sister and her family has to go through on a daily basis. I know I cant be by her side everyday but I wanted to do something to HELP!! I so I decided to get up a TEAM in Support of her and participate in the Undy 5000 Walk/Run!!

TEAM RUN FOR RHONDA!!!

When I decided to do this I had NO idea that she would participate and complete the walk being that she is still going through treatment and that can drain you all be itself!!!





As you can see she was EXCITED!!!






















It brought tears to my eyes of the joy I felt just being there and supporting HER and the Cause!! There was a lot of effect by the Organization and the Participants to make this Walk/Run a SUCCESS and what a SUCCESS it was!!!


READY      SET       GO!!!

They were Ready and IN IT TO WIN IT!!!!
















Me at MILE 1!!!!





They even had a WATER STATION!!




I SPOTTED alot of interesting landmarks on the walk. Like this Church founded by Former Slaves!!




 



         






Poor Babies thought it was a Parade Coming!!



Spotted a Falcons Flag!!! 8-0 BABY!!



         Even the Dog dressed up and showed his SUPPORT!!





 Lawd this was KILLER HILL!!! Rhonda's husband Jerry helped her through it but the POOR BABY was done and he didn't have any help. All I heard him keep saying is DO I HAVE TO DO THIS NEXT YEAR??? LOL....









We made it MILE 2 YAYYYYY!!!!!!










Well how bout that!! A Bed & Breakfast, Event Hall & Florist a Event Planner Dream everything all in 1 Place!!!

YAYYYY WE MADE IT!!





She Getting It. GO RHONDA!!!




Lynn of LA Lynn's


Ann, Jerry & Michelle Rhonda's Sister -in-laws and her Husband







Me, Rhonda, Rhonda's Sister-in -law Michelle & Shannon Rhonda's Daughter



        I am sending a Big Thank You to My Support Team Darryl,      

                                      Lynn & Dallise



Me and Darryl




Me and Lynn




                       Dallise, Me, Colon Cancer Star & Lynn




                      
                                  

They had Awards for the 1st, 2nd & 3rd Place Winners and Awards for the Survivors!!


                          Rhonda and Jerry watching the Awards Ceremony!!!



                                     The Survivors


Me & Rhonda



My Sister Thera


ALL MY GOODIES FROM THE WALK!!!



I AM SENDING BIG HUGS & KISSES TO THE
RUSSELLS!!!

You have always been there not only for Jerry but for Rhonda as well and I truly THANK YOU!!!

                            Ann, Kim, Rhonda, Nita, Shannon & Jerry


  AUNTIE MICHELLE IS MISSING SHE WAS TRYING TO GET A T~SHIRT!!


This is Mama Russell she didn't walk but she sat out and chilled until we got done. WHAT A TROOPER!!




Always remember Family First. Know matter what you go through good or bad always HAVE EACH OTHERS BACK!!!
~LOVING PEOPLE & LOVING LIFE~
                          MARI

8 comments:

  1. Praying for your sister. May God continue to bless her and keep her as she battles cancer. Looks like an awesome event!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww... This post brought back memories!!!!! You got some awesome pics!!!!

    You coordinated a FANTASTIC walk & you were an incredible Team Captain!!!!! Although, I was TIRED.com it was for a great cause & if I had to do it all over again I would!!!!! Continued thoughts & prayers!!! Love you always Sis!!!!

    Xoxo
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again for supporting!! Everything turned out Great!!

      ~Loving People & Loving Life~
      Mari

      Delete
  3. I am praying for your sister. I really wanted to participate but I had so much going on that day. I know God will heal her and you coordinated an awesome walk!! I love all the pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am very thankful to you for sharing so valuable information. I have learned a lot which I never came across through any other resource.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Planning an event is truly stressful.Different types of events can be conducted easily but such events should be planned well and organizer should be ready for any problem to make sure they end up successful.

    corporate event locations in chicago

    ReplyDelete